Chicken with White Wine and Butter Sauce
- 4 chicken breast halves, pounded to ¼ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ cup Warner Chardonnay Reserve , Riesling , Gewürztraminer
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into tiny pieces
- Chopped fresh thyme or parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put olive oil and butter in a large heavy saucepan and heat over medium high until butter is melted. Add chicken and cook until golden on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken but keep warm.
- Add shallots and saute until tender, about 2-4 minutes. Add wine and reduce to a tablespoon or two.
- Add broth and simmer for 5 minutes. Add butter and stir until it is melted. Stir in herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to the pan and turn the pieces over to coat with sauce.
- Place chicken on warmed plates, drizzle pan sauce on top and serve immediately.